Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Reflections on 2013

I'm not sure if animals are getting more suicidal or if I have spent too much time on the road this year. Talk about road-kill overkill. I even saw a dead beaver. I think I saw a dead bear too, but I may have been hallucinating. I also saw a tremendous amount of eagles and hawks. Living ones. Birds make me happy. I love seeing them fly in patterns. Reminds me of joy. This roadrunner/road dog has packed a lot of driving in this year. I have driven X country 3 times. Including 50 hours in the last week when I drove home for Christmas. Was a great trip. I almost got driven off the road by a mack truck but I made it in tact.

Stopped in Nashville on the way to and from. Also got to see a friend in Asheville. Was an interesting reference point. I stopped in Nashville 2 years ago right before I moved to Austin. I can't believe the 2 year cycle I have been able to create or co-create. It was 2 years of nomad madness. I think I found my home base and I also fell in love with a lot of other places. I don't want to be obnoxious and talk about all the great, amazing experiences I have had. However I am very pleased with my year and feel beyond appreciative for it.

2013 has been good to me and I have really good feelings about 2014. Want to get back into tennis training. Continue with my writing, music and learning German and of course being a nomad. Nothing made me happier to have a place to come home to after Christmas, so I think I am going to keep Austin as a homebase. I love traveling but I have had enough of being suspended in mid air. I am ready to plant some roots. If I need a break, I can hit the road. Go away for a week or two. Find a happy medium.

I have to mention Marion Bartoli winning Wimbledon for a highlight of 2013. The rest of my highlights were very personal, connecting with people, building friendships, realizing the importance of community and feeling more comfortable being known and seen. Reading some great books, listening to terrific music, eating great food. Had my low points too. I think I am getting a hang of this being a human being thing.

Tonight I am going to clean my house and get rid of all the things that aren't serving me and make space for the things I want in my life. I feel really clear about my goals for the year ahead.
2014! I am ready for you. It's time to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment